Founded in 1980, HDA/SMC is now in its thirtieth year under original ownership. Our company specializes in engineering and contract manufacturing solutions for customers who require high-reliability electronic assemblies for operation in extreme environments.
The unusual breadth of our engineering and manufacturing capabilities allows us to meet almost any customer-specified quality requirement. Over three decades, these capabilities have earned us a solid worldwide reputation for engineering expertise, high-quality manufacturing, responsive customer service, and technical support.
Our customers represent a broad spectrum of industries for which high-reliability electronic components are critical. Down-hole oil and gas exploration, military, signal processing, medical device, high-grade industrial, and many other applications require electronic components capable of surviving severe environmental conditions:
A Full-Service Approach
HDA/SMC engineers work from our customers' designs and schematics, taking a project from initial concept to prototype to volume manufacturing, to delivery of a product ready to install. Support for engineering design and testing is available to our customers as part of our full-service commitment. We consider all elements of our service of equal importance in assuring a quality, on-time result for our customers:
- Dedicated Representative: At HDA/SMC, full service begins with the assignment of a dedicated representative as your liaison from initial contact through delivery, and for future projects.
- Review Customer Requirements: Engineers review the unique requirements indicated by your design, schematics, and specifications.
- Matching our Capabilities to Your Unique Requirements: We match our capabilities to your specifications to assure production of a quality product on time and at a realistic cost.
- Process Control: At strategic points, the product and processes are measured, evaluated, and controlled to assure your product is made right the first time, every time.
- Testing: Functional testing, using customer-provided test fixtures or fixtures designed and built by HDA/SMC, assures each assembly meets your specifications. Our Flying Probe tester offers component and circuit testing without the expense of a dedicated fixture.
- Contract Manufacturing: We specialize in low- to medium-volume production to meet exacting standards, including any customer-specified manufacturing requirement.
- Quality Assurance: Our technicians and inspectors are certified to IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 Class 3. Our manufacturing processes allow us to meet or exceed any customer-specified quality requirement.
- On-time Delivery: Our thorough pre-production review of your project's technical and manufacturing requirements allows us to set a realistic timetable that assures on-time delivery.
- Design and Technical Support:
Our customers' projects often involve design challenges that require our engineers to customize our manufacturing processes to make them work. The broad experience and culture of innovation our engineers possess enable them to:
- Bring unproven designs to fruition
- Make unique applications possible
- Incorporate unique materials into products
- Fine-tune products and processes for future production runs
- Responsive Customer Service: Our representatives demonstrate HDA-SMC's genuine commitment to working with our clients as collaborative partners. Many successful longterm relationships with satisfied customers have resulted, each one contributing to our company's solid reputation for excellence worldwide.